Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oh Bruno.....What could have been!?!?!?!


Borat was the type of movie that changed the way I looked at comedy films. Esp ones that transferred well established TV characters to the big screen. Sasha Baron Cohen is a master of comedy character building and what he did with his hit “Ali G’ show was redefining the ‘stunt’ show by bringing to light some funniest extremes we live within.
However, with Bruno Sasha has attempted to push his comedy limits with limited results. Their are 4 or 5 really laugh out loud moments in the film and 3 or 4 ‘I can’t watch; moments. What is most apparent in the film is that his ‘gags’ have lived their last life and most people have clued into the fact that when you see camera filming and a character larger then life interviewing you will end up being the victim of something. I wanted to like Bruno way more then I did – I certinatley thought I’d be more entertained then the Hangover however I left thinking the 80 min film should have been a 1 hour HBO special.