Saturday, September 8, 2007

TIFF Day 1

Day 1 - Tiff 07
So the funny thing about the toronto film fest is you never know what is going to happen. After an embarrassing moment on Breakfast Television in the morning (which we'll leave at that) I headed to the screening of 'Rendition' starring Reese Witherspoon and Jake G. The film was great and on my way out I ran into Roger Ebert who although looks like he is on his way to recovery still is not 100 per cent. You've gotta love his passion for being here though.
To the intercont hotel for some biz work and the first celeb sighting was Reese herself who walked into my elevator with her perky assistant. They shared a laugh and I laughed along, boy is she tiny though. Ran into friend and Star Tv reporter Hussien while he was waiting for Jake, when I saw Jake I realized most good hollywood actors are very short.
In the lobby media huddled around waiting for interviews as Hussein and I spoke to eager students raising money outside.
After lunch with Katie it was back to screenings. I took the time to see '4 Women", "When did you last see your father' (same guy who made shopgirl) and 'They Waited' All of which passed a lot of time.
The evening was filled with South Asian glory as I sat with Mira Nair and watched the new Santosh Sivan film 'Before the rains' great flick and Deepa Mehta and Vishal Bhardwaj were both there as well. Parties for the E channel and Flow lounge closed off the night.
On to day 2.